Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Morrisville

I am in Syracuse for work this week. Tonight I made the 45 minute trip to Morrisville, my alma mater, to visit my baby brother, Phil, who is currently studying there. On the way there I was thinking a lot about the time I spent on campus. It was such a weird feeling driving the winding roads of Madison County; it has been five and a half years since I have been there!!!! From the short time I spent on campus tonight, it doesn't seem like campus has changed much, besides a couple new buildings, and the students looking much younger!!!

On the drive I had the overwhelming feeling that I am no longer a college student, I am an old, married, pregnant woman.

But besides that....
Mostly I was just reflecting on my time there. My two years spent at Morriville were life changing; some of the best and worst times of my life happened while at Mo'ville. I started as a sweet, innocent girl, slightly rebelled, broke down, and grew up. But most importantly I met this guy from Oakfield. Who would have thought I would meet my future husband in Dr. Kahn's soil science class?! But long story short, five and a half years later, I am a happily married pregnant woman. Ryan changed my life and has brought out the very best of me.

I hope Philly Dilly comes out of Morrisville with happy memories, even if it seems completely pointless in the meantime!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet & innocent?! HA! ;)

    Hope you're doing well, you old, married, pregnant thing.

    ReplyDelete